Product Care & Maintenance
The following instructions are for our indoor products sealed with our topical sealer.
Now that your concrete is installed, you'll want to properly care for it. Follow these simple guidelines to keep your concrete looking beautiful for years to come:
- Do not cut directly on your concrete surface. It won't damage the concrete, but it might damage the sealer, which protects the concrete. Always use a cutting board when cutting and preparing foods.
- Avoid placing hot pots and pans directly on your concrete surface. Concrete is very heat resistant, but again, the concern is damaging or discoloring the sealer. Use a trivet or a hot pad.
- Avoid dragging sharp, hard objects across the concrete surface to prevent scratching. Minor white scratches should be expected throughout the piece from use over time. Applying Pledge every now and then can fill in minor scratches and give your pieces a nice sheen.
- Acidic foods and beverages such as lemon juice, mustard, vinegar, wine, soda, tomatoes, bananas, pumpkins/gourds, etc., perfumes, colognes, and cleaners that contain vinegar or citric acids, and other harsh chemicals or solvents such as ammonia, acetone, hydrogen peroxide, etc. should be avoided or cleaned off of your concrete surface as soon as possible. These substances may “eat” through the sealer, leaving a light hazing, and could possibly expose or stain your concrete. There are of course other items and products that may damage your sealer. We have tested against the most typical, but please use standard precautions to keep your concrete protected.
- Avoid abrasive soaps, cleansers, or scrubbing pads that can wear down the sealer. We recommend using mild, non-abrasive, non-ammonia, non-citric acid, non-vinegar, non-bleach soaps and cleaners.
- Please use standard care and precautions with your concrete products. Concrete is extremely durable, however, it is not invincible. Excessive force can do damage to your piece.
For additional information please visit Trueform Concrete's Product Care & Use Sheets.