1. What are concrete wall panels?Concrete wall panels are pre-made concrete pieces that are cast and cured in a controlled environment before being transported to their final destination. These panels are then fastened to a wall, covering it like cladding. They are often used for exterior building facades but are popular indoors as well.
2. What are concrete wall panels called?Besides being called concrete wall panels, they are also called precast concrete wall panels or GFRC precast concrete wall panels.
3. Can concrete wall panels be insulated?Some precast concrete wall panels can provide insulation equal to an R-5 to an R-50 value. The level of insulation depends on the use and installation location of the panels. Insulation is created by putting two panels together with a wythe in between. The greater the wythe, the better the insulation.
4. How much do precast concrete panels cost?
The cost of precast concrete panels depends on their size, thickness, weight, and customization. When compared to other hard-surface wall materials, they can be quite cost-effective especially considering the overall aesthetic impact.
5. What are the alternatives to precast concrete walls?Alternatives to concrete walls include brick masonry, ceramic tile, wood PVC, stone, steel, etc. Each has its perks and drawbacks. Ultimately, picking concrete is about durability and achieving a certain look and feel that only concrete can bring. Concrete is also one of the most customizable materials on the market for wall cladding. It offers a level of personalization that no other option does.
About Precast Concrete Wall Panels at Trueform
Concreate® Wall panels revolutionize modern interior design by offering a versatile and stylish alternative to traditional poured and polished concrete surfaces.
These ready-made panels, suitable for installation in any space and compatible with various materials, enable the creation of compelling architectural styles. Precision-machined from poured and pressed natural fiber-reinforced cement, each panel undergoes air-curing, resulting in a unique patina with rich blemishes and mineral deposits. Industrial markings, randomly applied to the surfaces, are sealed with high-solid Danish oil, completing the distinctive raw concrete aesthetic exclusive to Concreate®.
Concreate is available in three colors and is thinner, therefore lighter, than other concrete panels.
- Proprietary blend of Portland cement, select fine aggregate, admixtures, recycled fibers, and fade-resistant pigment.
- Lightweight (1.3 lbs per sq. ft @ 1/8” thick)
- Panels are 23 5/8" x 47 1/4" and are easy to cut and shape
- Suitable for most vertical surfaces, including columns, furniture veneers, staircase risers, reception desks, kitchen backsplashes, fireplace surrounds, etc.
- Suitable for horizontal surfaces, including ceiling panels (mounted or suspended) and desktops (not recommended for flooring).
- Easy to install; we recommend PL Premium Fast brand polyurethane construction adhesive for wall adhesion.
- Excellent acoustic dampening properties.
- Can be butted together or spaced (similar to tile) and filled with grout.
- For interior applications only (contact us for exterior or shower panels)
Alternatively, our Foundation wall panels come in two sizes and multiple colors and finishes. However, they are heavier than Concreate.
6. Are precast concrete walls good?Concrete wall panels are excellent in terms of durability, customization, lower energy costs, and lower maintenance costs. Plus, they are unmatched in creating one-of-a-kind style.
7. Do precast concrete walls crack?Just like stone, ceramic, or brick, all natural products can crack or chip under duress—including concrete. However, any cracking on non-structural concrete cladding – particularly for indoor environments - is exceedingly unlikely. With the proper handling and care, concrete can last for generations without problems.
8. What is the life expectancy of precast concrete panels?Concrete wall panels can last from 50-100 years or more. Properly mixed and cured GFRC concrete in a controlled environment goes a long way to producing an outstanding product that will be around for generations.
9. How thick are precast concrete panel walls?To keep weight down, concrete wall panels are thinner than many other types of wall panels. Well-constructed precast wall panels like Concreate® can be 1/8”, or a little over 3 millimeters thick.
10. How big can precast concrete panels be?
Sizes vary and what’s most important to the size of the precast wall panel is the support wall to which it will be attached. The size also depends on the installation location. For an interior wall in a residence, four foot by two foot is probably ideal. If it is for an exterior façade, a much larger panel may be more appropriate.